Monday, July 16, 2012

Intermission pt 2- Chapter 31 and 1/2 and a bit

"I don't believe so," says Theo. "Since you're supposedly from either an alternate reality or the future, it would make it hard for us to be related."
"But," inputs Dennis, "it's a possibility you guys are related. It would mean that you," he points at Kaya, "are a descendant of her," and he finishes by pointing at Theo.
Kaya and Theo look at each other simultaneously. After a brief moment of just looking at each other, they turn to Dennis and say, "Nah, I don't think so," once again at the same time.
"What do we even have in common? Other than glasses and long dark hair, I don't see much of a resemblance here," says Kaya.
"Besides, I'm pretty sure that our last names are different. Mine is North and... what's yours?" she asks Kaya.
"Song."
"Right. So that could easily be concluded as us being unrelated."
"Actually, you two look pretty similar," says Kenny. "It just might be hard for the two of you to see it." Dennis and Charlie nodded their heads in agreement. "And any changes in last name would happen as soon as Miss North here marries. And we're probably thinking of a few generations between the two of you, so name changes would happen most likely more than once."
"Of course, Kenny, you just had to reveal how much of a nerd you are to these girls. You'll never have any luck with the ladies now," says Raymond, still lying down nursing the bruise inflicted by Kaya.
Kenny glares at Raymond. "As if you're any better. You scare them away with what you think are hilarious jokes, and then you have to go and show how stupid you are. You're also impossibly rude. Now I know why I'm not even close to being similar to you, being adopted and all. Otherwise, I don't even know how we'd be related."
"Isn't someone a bit touchy today, hmm?" remarks Raymond. "What is it, an experiment went wrong? Or was it that you got into an argument with someone? Did Karla reject you?"
"This conversation is going absolutely nowhere, and is absolutely inane," interrupts Kaya before Kenny could reply (quite angrily, as his expression revealed). "I think we can stop now."
"I don't think it's proper for you to be airing dirty laundry to complete strangers that you don't even know the names of," points out Theo. She's always a stickler for courtesy. "Introductions are in order, I suppose, so I'll start. I'm Theo, formally Theodora."
"I'm Charlie," says Charlie for the first time in a while. He had watched the entire conversation not knowing how to react or reply.
"As you have heard, I'm Kenny, and this is my idiot of a brother Raymond. The one you're sitting next to is Dennis, who is also my brother."
"And I'm Kaya," she finishes. "I have to say, by the sound of what Dennis was telling me earlier, you guys have a complex family," she says to Kenny and Raymond. "Although I have to say Kenny seems the most competent out of the three of you."
"Certainly not Raymond. I think he's about my age, and yet he acts like a 9 year old," scoffs Theo. "He kind of reminds me of an annoying suitor I have."
"Theodora darling! How could you be so cruel as to leave me behind?" cries out a voice, and Theo sighs.
"Speak of the devil, here he comes now. I thought locking him up in a room would be enough to grant me some peace." Dennis looks a little alarmed upon hearing Theo say that.
A dashing looking blond boy rushes towards Theo. He looks like a typical Prince Charming, straight out of a fairytale where he just finished rescuing a princess. He tries embracing Theo from behind, but instead, she just gives him a backwards punch to the head. He falls beside Raymond, a little stunned.
"Heathcliff. How many times have I told you to stop doing that? You understood when I told you that I don't like you that way and I don't like pushiness. Hell, you were serious at the time too!" exclaims Theo, placing a firm foot on Heathcliff's chest so that he couldn't get up.
"But love, I can't bear to not see you," protests Heathcliff, and he puts on a pleading puppy dog face. "Let me stay with you!"
"No. Go back to the house," says Theo firmly.
"Oh, just let him stay. What difference does one more idiot make?" drawls Kaya. "They can entertain each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment