Sunday, July 15, 2012

Intermission pt 1 - chapter 31 and 1/2

During intermission, while authors are plotting about what to have their characters do next, the characters are free to go about as they please...

It is a sunny day, and on such this day we find Dennis Raveley walking in a park, he looks lost. He finds himself walking behind Kaya Song, who had just saved the world once, and is looking towards a sequel heading in the same direction.
'Hello,' says Dennis, catching up to Kaya, he decides to tell someone about his situation, and see what they make of it, 'I just discovered that I'm part of a very arcane family with some very major family issues, and I suspect they want me to help them solve some issue (which by the way I know nothing about). Can you help me with that?'
'What? I have no idea what's going on, and I need to save the world. I have no time to help you!' Kaya exclaimed, realizing at once he is not from her part of the (fictional) world.
'Oh really?' Says a third voice, in the sarcastic tone which Dennis recognize immediately to be the voice of Jerry Wyatt, 'I have to tell you, that ambition does not have a high success rate.'
'I believe the contrary. I've already saved the world once, and I can do it again. So you see, it is more than just an ambition.' Kaya replies, 'Perhaps you've heard of Chimera on the internet?'
'We've not, we've been in a cabin for the past while, discussing the legitimacy of a family tree.' Dennis says.
'Precisely, and if I've not heard of it, despite being informed about many things, I say your saving the world is a very minor act which I am not surprised it did not reach my ears.' Jerry says.
'Are you jealous and acting unimpressed that I've saved the world, and you have not, or are you on their side, which being the reason why you are acting so unimpressed.' Kaya says, ready to kick the arrogance out of Jerry already despite meeting only a moment ago.
All three of them are interrupted by Charlie North, appearing suddenly and unannounced.
'Does anyone want to play rock, paper, scissors?' Charlie inquires.
As soon as Charlie says this, Theo North appears beside him, and says in disbelief of the sudden sharp turn the conversation has taken, '(To Charlie) How stupid can you be? (To Kaya, Dennis and Jerry) I'm sorry, he can be a little...naive.'
Dennis realizes something, he says, 'That's what Karla calls me, I think she's my cousin but I can't be sure, nothing is sure in my story.'
'Damn right nothing's sure,' Jerry says dismissively, 'You (looking at Kaya with cynical antagonism) who is so sure you've accomplished something, beware of your ego.' With that, he makes his leave. Kaya considers kicking him to make him leave faster, but decides to wait until next time, 'He didn't even introduce himself. Shouldn't we introduce ourselves when we join a conversation? This must be happening in my past, I mean, a lot of things are different!'
'Because nobody want to play rock paper scissors?' Charlie asks.
Theo facepalms, she leans over to Kaya and says, 'Do you ever have that feeling everyone around you is oblivious to logic?'
'Yes, more than often, I suppose that hasn't changed in my time.' Kaya says in agreement.
'Well, well, well, we have here someone who says she is in her past, that makes her a visitor from the future! And she's a she! I never knew Marty Mcfly is a girl!' A grinning, jolly Raymond Wyatt makes his presence known when he jumps out of some nearby bushes and joined the conversation in the park, openly.
Without a word, Kaya kicks Raymond in the shins, 'One cynical idiot is enough for one day.'
'Hey! I'm the one who is supposed to make movie references here!' Kenny Wyatt arrives in a fury, 'My brother there stole what I wouldn't have said (because I don't believe in sarcasm).' He points to Raymond, who is on the ground.
'Well this is an interesting conversation isn't it?' Theo says, and then realizes that Kaya had said the same thing, at the same time.
'Are we related in some way?' Kaya asks Theo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment